Do you want to work in a fast-paced environment? Do you love helping people? Kalahari Resorts offers the ability to learn, connect and grow all while enjoying great employee perks & discounts. We have exciting job positions for those looking for part time hours and a fun job, or looking for a career change with excellent benefits and growth opportunities.
As a Host or Hostess
, provide prompt recognition, friendly greeting, and responsive service to create a beyond expectation dining experience for all guests. Manage the efficiency and timeliness of seating guests to their tables with their wishes in mind. Essential Functions
- Greet and welcome guests, in a friendly manner; escorting them to the assigned dining area. Rotate tables when seating guests throughout the shift.
- Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible and be aware of seat needs.
- Upon seating, present menus; announce server’s name. Inspect table for proper presentation and completeness.
- Answer questions about food, beverage, restaurant functions, services, and resort services and activities.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by Host/Hostess station assignment.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow associates (servers, bussers, co-host/hostess, and management) as situations rise.
- Must be able to frequently communicate and develop rapport with guests and associates.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger. Collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
Must be able to work in a stationary position for long periods of time. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must be able to work and be flexible with all shifts, weekends, and holidays.Benefits
- Flexible Schedule
- Competitive Pay
- Fun Work Environment
- Associate Perks & Discounts
- Insurance & 401k Plan with match
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Kalahari Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.